For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Baby Got Back

So, I go and put my back out again this morning -- the muscles OPPOSITE the muscles I've been exercising got overtight, so ANOTHER area slipped out of place.

I think it's slipped back in... I'm hoping so anyhow. Been a couple hours or so, and it's a little less painful to stand and I'm not radiating as much pain when I sit. I think I'm going to lay off the stretching a couple hours and ice once more before I do it again around 8, and do it more gently this time. I'm stretching my quads, hamstrings, and hips equally now, but all for much much longer than normal.

What else can a girl do eh? Ugh. Fuck. Welcome to 35, indeed. Wow.

And as frustrated and tired as I am, I realize this is all just part of a domino effect, and it's not getting me down.

I got really sick in July from drinking milk, right? And at the beginning of August I went off my antidepressants, so suddenly I had both calcium deficiencies and a need to take more vitamin B-- but, those lacks combined, well, I got bad insomnia for two weeks. Bad insomnia led to getting an eye infection, and all these things combined resulted in me getting out of the mode of exercising regularly. So, naturally I decided to exercise to kick off fall, but wham -- I went from sedentary to active, and while my lungs and energy could handle the exercise, the yo-yo threw off my body.

Hence the mess I'm in. But, whatever. Rains, it pours, sometimes. Doesn't mean I'm some victim; means there's something to this "math" thing. It all adds up.

So, here I am. Dealing. This too will pass. Now, where's the ice?