For you, the dress code is casual.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Status Quo Maintains

Today's lay-off day. I'm a little down about that but not as down as I'd be if I hadn't had one of my top employment choices call me to set up a phone interview on Monday.

So, that's kind of cool. And it's gorgeous out. I'll be leaving for work soon and aim to take my scoot on a scenic route. There's supposed to be several days of clear blue skies, and I couldn't be happier to have that now.

I've been channelling some of my agitation and anxiety into lifting weights. I'm already seeing a difference... but I could be doing so much more! I have to ease into it because I've had screaming migraines from weight work before. But once I know I can go harder, then believe me, I will. I'm using the 10 lb weights without any issues, and that's a first. I've always had headaches from the 10 lb weights. Too many instances of whiplash, is all. But now I'm finally past that! WOO. I pushed myself a little more last night. I'm tense and I'll be stiff after work, but it's not too bad of inflammation, so I'll live. Tonight I'll push a little more again.

I know I'm probably not going to work for a week, and I understand that, so I'm going to try and make the best of these sunny days and get some bike riding, walking, and hiking under my belt. It'll be a while before I have time off again.

So, yeah, I still believe in myself.

I was watching Oprah a while back and she had some fiesty black chantreuse on, like Patti LaBelle, I think it was, and they were asking 'em, "If you could go back in time and talk to your younger self, what would you tell her?"

And Patti goes, "I'd say, "Believe the hype, baby.""

And I'm trying hard hard hard to believe the hype. I think I do what most people do, I pay too much attention to my faults. By doing so, I think I give 'em more power or prominence or something. I need to remember all the whopping good things, and start allowing them to be more prominent.

If I can do that, these interviews will be a breeze.

So, I'm gonna continue being active like I have been. So far it's working out with the 10 lb weights plus doing squats, which are hurting indeed! But I'm getting some confidence from it, and that's the important factor right now. That I'm noticing one of my favourite jackets is looking cuter on me, well, that's icing on the cake.

So, the clock is ticking. But I still have a couple other resumes out there that I'd be surprised if I didn't see action on, so my fingers are crossed. The client might still materialize at my job in the next few days, and then I'd be back on there again. Or I might get temp work. Who knows. Everything can change on a dime still. Next weekend will be freakout time, if at all.

Truth is, I'm doing a little nailbiting, but I still have some nails, so, could be worse!