For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

A Happy Steff

Ah, it all seems to be coming together. I'm more optimistic than I've been in a long time. I've had my profile up on a dating blog, and there's been a flurry of activity, all from guys wanting to just "be friends" and you know what? That's so cool! I'd rather do the just-friends thing for a while. Every relationship I've had in the last few years has been rushed into, all with negative outcomes, and that's just sad. To hell with relationships, but bring on the friends, man. There was a time in my life when I was popular, and I let all that fall apart. No more, man. No more. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the woman of the hour, and it's time I start acting like it.

I think I've needed the validation from others for a long time and I'm finally at the point where I don't need anything from anyone else. I know I've been the one who's been selling herself short, and I know why I've been latching onto the wrong thing in relationships (not that they've been the wrong relationships -- no, I just tried to take the wrong things from them), and I think that part of my life's done with. My motivations have been wrong.

My motivations now? To have fun and enjoy my life and just have good times with other people. I don't need anything else, because everything I need are things I know I can furnish. I want health. I want unbridled confidence. I want to laugh more than I've ever laughed. I want to accomplish my goals. Know what? None of that can come from others.

And that's all right.

If these first 7 days of 2007 are an indicator, this is to be a year without compare. I don't know WHERE the hell I went, but I feel like I'm on the road back to myself these days. All I need to do is just more of the same. Yay me.

***

Dinner tonight: Roasted bird! A big bitch, too! Wow. It was frozen, but it's still juicy and happy and good. I'd wanted to do a clay pot bird drowned in a bottle of wine, but that didn't happen 'cos this one was too big for the pot. Next week is the season premiere of 24 and GayBoy and I'll do the white wine/clay pot bird with veggies then. But I just took the breast meat and sliced it off and put it on a bed of wild rice with broccoli and red peppers steamed in my homemade stock. Really low fat, filling, and as healthy as all get out.

What the hell has gotten into me? I'm actually enjoying this stuff!

Oh, and the weight loss is showing in my face now. It would appear that I have cheekbones. Why the hell doesn't anyone send me these memos?

Yippy-ki-yay, mo-fo. Things are lookin' up. Now all I need's a real job (ie: one with the promise of benefits and longterm emp.), but there's no big rush. I'm in a good place until something I want comes along. 'sides, one of the two phone interviews from Friday may pan out. Stay tuned for more.