For you, the dress code is casual.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Oh, Shoot Me Now

I'm a popsicle but there's no sense having a hot bath to warm up 'cos my apartment's a fucking meat cooler right now. I was at work and a storm blew in, slammed all my windows open, blew THREE glasses on the foor and a new fruit bowl of mine, all of which shattered.

Then there was the small matter of SNOW. It was a snow/rain mix and had only just begun downtown, so much to my surprise did I discover more than an inch was sticking to the roads on the hills home from downtown. Needless to say, I was on my scooter.

But here I am, alive, well, and a little pissed off and grumbly.

I'm supposed to have a job interview tomorrow, but it would entail riding my bicycle about 5 clicks each way in the snow that's supposed to be a sure thing tonight, and I think they're paying about 4,000 less per annum than I'd like. I have another job interview Friday, anyhow, and it pays about the same but they have a very, very attractive benefits package that includes RRSP, comprehensive extended health (it's an insurance company) as well as a trust & welfare allotment per year. That it's five blocks from my house is icing on the cake.

I'm going to take my chances missing the appointment tomorrow. I bet half their appointments won't show if the weather's what is being predicted, and then I can reschedule another day in the week. Or not at all. I think the Friday appointment is the one I want.

Also, I do need to remember that I'm presently employed with good people, and I have a deadline that's coming up in the afternoon. If it means missing my deadline and inconveniencing my present employers in order to go to a job interview with a company that likely has "okay" benefits but is in a hard-to-get-to spot in the SNOW followed by catching buses that may not even be running on time, well. I'll just have to pass.

FUCKING WEATHER. I HATE THIS WINTER. I WANT MY MONEY BACK, BITCH. Grrrrrrr. Sigh. I need to eat something. Hunger speaks loudly. And House is about to start with a new episode, and I could use a shot of a surly curmudgeonly grouse like Laurie right now.