For you, the dress code is casual.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Yay, Clean Offices and Bike Rides

It's Friday. Do you know where your mind is? Mine's still asleep, in bed, pissed at my body for crawling away from it before 7am. I got up at 6:15. What's WRONG with me?

You poor bastards, you NEED to get up early. Me, I wander in when I want, thanks to my skookum arrangement at work.

However... daylight is a tricky fickle bitch, and if I aim to ride my bike over the next few months, my schedule needs to bend to Mother Nature's. And today's day one of the bending.

Last night I rode home and had a blast. Today will be a second day in a row, which'll be the first time in a while I've done back to back rides.

The rest of the month is supposed to be sunny, so I aim to try and go hard, and spend it the right way. Must get back into my rhythm of success here!

***

In other news, I almost want to weep with glee:

Work has had cleaners arranged to come in this morning. For the first time in NINE weeks!

It's been SO FUCKING FILTHY I've been getting acne! I look like I'm 17! Holy fucking breakout. Jesus.

But when there's that much construction disruption, why waste cash on cleaners, right? So, I get it. But I'm GRATEFUL it will be clean. Hell, I'm ECSTATIC.

A great way to end a tough work week, I tell ya. And the bike ride helps.