For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Stupid Palin, and a Status Report on Me

Oh, I take it back. Maybe Hillary Clinton won't have to be the attack dog against Sarah Palin.

The media's doing just fine.

Did you see this? Holy shit, Batman.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin employed a lobbying firm to secure almost $27 million in federal earmarks for a town of 6,700 residents while she was its mayor, according to an analysis by an independent government watchdog group.

Oh, but keep reading. It just gets better.

***

Me: Tired as hell! Spent a good chunk of the weekend playing with the scooter crowd. They're fun, always are. Annual Vancouver rally. It was awesome fun.

Tiring, too. Helped someone move today, all stiff. But okay.

Bought a cool new cell phone that has this wicked-ass clamshell design with visuals. The Motorokr U9. Oh, got it for free, actually, since I had $95 credit and opted to lock my four-year-old unlimited free eve/wknd, incoming texts/calls package ($25/mo) in for another 3 years. Phone's got a camera, got 4 gigs space for music (I can go to 8 when I've got the cash...), and all that schwag. The music aspect, though, it's supposed to be one of the best music phones and the sound quality's just awesome, even for calls.

I'm sick of carrying X amount of shit. I want a new iPod, and even need one PRONTO, but I can't afford the big-ass 80 gig one, and it's what I want next. This is a great temporary fix and it's light and easy to carry. Temp and light and easy is good.

It's a beautiful phone. Sleek and light and fantastic display both inside and on the clamshell. (The clamshell top acts as a black video screen... cool images play on there, messages, who's calling, the time, moving graphics, and more. It's sexy as hell.)

Also bought a new land phone, after having CRAP ones the last three years I've finally thrown down a paltry $30 for a DECT (6.0 mghz) phone that's designed beautifully as well. Looking forward to that.

I guess my theme for September is getting social and communicative again. It's already off to a good start. This is nice, though. My cell's about as expensive as a plain MP3 phone gets, and I think I'm going to love it! Yay.

Aside from that, I need to clean my place, catch up on sleep, and start cycling to work as of Weds. (Moving today, dancing yesterday, I'm good for my weekend!)

My whole body hurts. Wah.