For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Oh, hi, Blog

I've never seen The Last Temptation of Christ and have lucked into it airing as a not-so-Eastery Easter flick on the History Channel.

There's a fantastic novel, little known outside of the critics' circles, by Jim Crace called Quarantine, in which Christ is in the desert for 40 days and nights and is tempted by a Devil-like character in the form of a merchant. Brilliant, brilliant novel.

But it came after this movie. I'm curious to see how the flick works out. Willem Dafoe is about as great as an actor can get. Solid performances every single time.

Why I didn't make this my Scorcese-on-Christmas movie this past Christmas baffles me now.

I've accomplished little this weekend. Nothing much at all. But I've slept till 11-12 each day. I cycled the hardest part of my ride to work yesterday, a 12 km trip with a lot of hill in it, and it was definitely an early season workout. Tomorrow I'll get a little elbow grease out for some work around the house, and I'll get a bike ride in, too.

I've slept a lot this week, tho. Like, 8-12 hours a day. I think the last time I was this tired was after about 3 or 4 weeks of sleeping around 3-5 hours a night when I was going out with this guy a couple years back. God, what a miserable fucking time -- I was so tired. It took me weeks to rest up after that. I wasn't myself for a long time, I do not do exhaustion well. I finally had to create these blackout blinds with thick black cloth on the back of my bamboo blinds. They still work today, though they've faded to charcoal. The new paintjob contributes to the cave-like feel of old, so I'm sleeping better than I have in a long time. Getting rid of every bit of dust has had one hell of an impact on the quality of sleep, too.

But MAN have I been tired lately. Whew! I've been told the change of seasons is naturally fatiguing, so one can expect a surge in sleep needs for a bit, but throwing 3 weeks of painting into the mix really fucks with the system. Whew.

I'm starting to feel better, though. What a doting slacker weekend. :)

The movie's getting interesting. Off I go. Psst: Happy Easter.