For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Insert Sheepish Author Here

I have discovered the Goretex I haughtily lauded at the tail-end of last post, this morning, has finally given up the ghost in all of a sudden. Water-proofedness? Poof! My belly was mighty damp -- some would even go so far as to describe it as "wet" -- upon arrival at my paint-stanking messy hovel this evening. Yep. Goretex, meet thy demise.

Now, I could go and try re-proofing it, but the thing is u-g-l-y, d-i-r-t-y, and in shit condition, so. I'd rather screw some pride back together and snag me a new dud for $40 or 50 and have another year or two of riding. This one lasted nearly two years of riding through bad-ass weather of all kinds and every season.

And, frankly, I hated the jacket but it covered me very thoroughly after a winter spent riding with bad gear. Coverage is everything on the Wet Coast scooter commute, friends.

That'll teach me to be haughty.

***

Finally got Dad off the phone (good chat tonight, though! always nice) to tune into Canterbury's Law. We'll see how it goes.

But it begs to question:

If we're supposed to hate lawyers so much, why do we love shows about them so much?

Hmm.