For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Notions from a Sickie

Ith it me or ith it shtuffy in here? Oh, it's me.

Okay, so, at least I'm consistent. Once again, I'm sick at Christmas. I think I'll be all right.

I've allowed my home to look like a crack den AGAIN, so cleaning has been hell. I've been too busy, and when I should've been cleaning last Sunday, I was hungover and making a bigger mess while making homemade granola for gifts. 
 
I tend to let the crack den happen when I'm feeling burdened and stressed. Well, I'm getting over it. I decided not to pursue the self-employed angle with my last job -- it was spreading my resources too thin. I quit that this week and it's taken a lot of the edge off my life. Yay me. I'll miss the money but right now life isn't about money, it's about becoming content with myself on every level. I can make the money work with what I'm earning now.

Last night I was riding the bus home when I realized something huge. I've been thinking of a new theme for a series of columns for my blog, but I've realized that fleshing it out bigger and using it as a theme for my life as a whole will allow me enough meat for a book. Like, 300 pages or more of a book. Obviously I'm not going to tell you what I want it to be about, but I feel good about it.

So last night I wrote the first page. And I read it afterwards, and I laughed. Nice. :)

It'll be a book I finally think I can pull off on my terms, my way, with my attitude intact on every page. I've been waiting for a project like this that I can really own, but the right topic was eluding me a long-ass time.

What a great place to be at during Christmas, my annual time to reflect on the year past and plan for the year forward. COOL.