For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Welcome to My Weird Life

In a couple minutes I'll be installing yet another new USB audio and MIDI interface processor thingie. It's basically a high-end external soundcard for professional-ish recording.

I took the last two (same make/model) back and was finally pissed at it all, and have upgraded to one recommended by the better of the two music stores I've dealt with (both Long & McQuade, but the preferred location is the one on Arbutus and I give a thumbs up to ALL the service they've provided me). The funny bit is, the price on the box was wrong. I was told it was $220, then when they rang it through, it was $265, but they gave it to me for $220 after a bunch of computer confusion.

In the end, if this works out, then I'm a lucky girl. As frustrating as my day has been, I'm in an awesome mood. Here's hoping the install goes well.

Also, looks like I have my first potential sponsor for my blog and so forth. This means I might finally be making some money off my labours, something I feel's pretty long overdue.

Life, in short, is pretty damned decent... when you're a Steff.