For you, the dress code is casual.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Few Photos

I have been very disappointed in myself for not taking photos of late. I'm trying to change that.

Here are some recent ones, with the usual "telling of" by moi.

This is the thinnest building in Vancouver. Ironically, it's the Anthony Calori building. Get it? "Calorie"? Hardy-har-har.


I just love the colour and vibe of this African shop. Reminds me of San Fran's Mission Hill district.



GayBoy was coming over for dinner a couple weeks back. I was washing my dishes before he arrived, and my 3rd floor window faces west when it's wide open, and this reflected in it. I dried my hands, grabbed my camera, and ran out barefoot into the street to snap this shot, since I was madly in love with the colours. Within 2 hours, a storm ripped across the city with high winds and big rains. I loved it.


I have this huge armoire thingie-thing in my living room that people just love when they come over. But when I tell them (and they've been a longtime Van resident) that it's made from the old plank flooring of the downtown Woodward's store, most of them drop their jaws and gush, "That's so cool!"

The Woodward's building has been a longstanding controversial plot of land here in the city. The store itself went out of business in the early '90s and inhabits a huge spot on the downtown east side, and folks ahve wanted it to become housing for the poor for the last decade. It's now yet another example of the gentrification of the DES, but what can ya do? This is them gutting the building in order to save its face. We'll see what the result is.