For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

BASTARD!

Okay, I had a really bitter, angry posting here.

Don't mistake me -- I'm still bitter and angry, but I have perspective. I'll figger shit out. I always do. My new sound processor I bought to replace my sound card isn't installing. Their tech support? Closed Sundays. The store I bought it at? Closed Sundays.

Tomorrow morning, I talk to tech support, then I probably go and buy a different processor for more money. I had such ambitions this weekend, so I'm really angry and bitter that I've been put off yet again. I'm getting pretty close to the point where I'm going to throw my fucking hands up and walk away. Except. I can't.

I'll feel like the world's biggest failure if podcasting never works out. Therefore, I'm going to keep banging my already sore fucking noggin into walls until this finally works. I want this. I can be good at this. I know it. Something inside me just knows it.

Sigh.

Another wasted day towards that, though. Instead, I've sent off a couple letters that are job-related. I'm happy to be back at the old office, but they can't guarantee long-term work, and I can't take the chance that everything will be hunky-dory. I'll send out resumes only to things I really want. I've bought myself a little time, and with any luck, I can make it work to my advantage this time. So, a resume went out for a film job, and a networking letter went out to the same effect. If I can get two or three resumes out a week to jobs I actually WANT this time, then the odds may play out in my favour.

Anyhow, I'm a little despondent and grumpy today now. I'm not going to go out and spend money, though, and I will be hitting up a hockey game with GayBoy tonight. The minors.

A year ago today, my Mac crashed and I lost everything. Something tells me October 1st is not a day on which I should be tampering with hardware.