For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Birthday weekend spend-a-thon part one

This is the second year in a row that GayBoy has ceremoniously appeared at my place on/around my birthday with a big-assed casserole to leave behind. I forget what it was last year, probably tacos or something, but this year it's meatloaf. It's warming up before WhippedBoy comes 'round to hang for the next two or three or whatever hours. I'll have meatloaf and tortilla chips, and will successfully avoid veggies today in entirety. Tomorrow, I begin behaving.

I bought a new sound card thing. It's not really a card. It's an external USB port unit that comes pretty well recommended throughout the web -- which I didn't know when I bought it. I went to a musician's store, though, where I know they sell a lot of recording gear. The guy had good things to say about it, but there's a model one up that probably would've delivered a pretty professional sound. I didn't want to go that crazy yet.

I'm also the owner of a new wicked winter coat suitable for scootering but I'm thinking I'll probably take it back. The liner doesn't zipper out. The problem is, it's awesome quality and I got it for $90, less than half price. I'd be WARM in that in December. But being able to take the liner out, that'd make it a lock. As it stands, I will probably go back to plan "A" and visit Taiga on Monday.

I failed to mention that, as always, the best burger in this city resides at Moderne Burger. The x-guy took me there for dindin last night, and of course I loved the food, but my stomache disagreed. Still, it's the best burger this city produces and it's worth the hassle. I should know better than chomping down on a big fat burger when I'm still getting over a bug, but geez, nothing says "You're not old!" like a rootbeer float and a burger platter, man.

I found a great new delight at Bosa's Italian Food Distributor on Victoria: Cherry Bocconcini cheese. Just 1-centimetre round balls of bocconcini. Perfect size for marinating a half hour before a salad. Tomorrow I'll buy some new salad oils. Walnut and I'll have to wait to see what inspires me. And a new vinegar. Maybe champagne, maybe raspberry. Dunno.

Mm. Meatloaf! I can smell it, ergo it is time to nosh.