For you, the dress code is casual.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

How Can Such a Yummy Thing Come In Such an Ugly Package?

I still haven't eaten dinner, but I had a snack. It's 9, and I'll eat in about a half hour. Glico Curry chicken is cooking on the stove. (Glico makes Pocky, but they also make Japanese curry. There are two pictures found on Google, funnily, and they're both by a blogger I've met here in Vancouver, but the links are broken. Damn you, Cosmos.)

Glico curry is the bomb. Really. Zesty and all. I'm bad and I've added coconut milk, which isn't part of the plan, but it's coconut milk!

The plan, Stan, is to have lunch made for the next three days, and maybe a dinner or two, as well. I've got wild rice on the go, so I'm keeping it healthy. The potatoes aren't just ordinary spuds, either. No, they're SUPER spuds! Um, okay, no, they're just fingerling potatoes, but they're organic and I've left the skins on for extra bonus points.

Mmmm.

Curry!

Mmmm.

It's a shitty TV night, or else I wouldn't be blogging. I wrote something I think was pretty damned good for a change for Ze Dirty Blog earlier, and I'm feeling pretty goddamned smug because I think I might be nearing the end of my recent blogging rut. I've had ideas all the damned long day today and have made some notes. I have this habit now, if I'm at work or something, and I have a good writing idea, I either a) use my "idea box" of recipe cards by the TV to make a note that I then put on a peg at my desk, or b) I send a gmail to myself, and if there are further notions that occur, I use the "reply" feature to keep it all compartmentalized.

I haven't had to do much of that lately, but the few good postings I've done of late have all been of the gmail variety. A quick note jotted in the midst of the fray, and a long-thought posting completed many hours later. Systems seem important to me these days, creatively speaking.

**

I made my boss laugh for about three solid minutes earlier. The last time I made her laugh that hard was something like two years ago when I confessed that I had once managed to dry a load of clothing with a head of garlic in it. I had to wash and dry the whole load (sans garlic) three times before it smelled normal again. I love making someone giggle uncontrollably. Quite fun. But the garlic-in-the-wash wasn't done just to have a giggle-fit produced. No, that was just blatant stupidity, the kind of which only I'm able to muster in all its glory.

A certain someone was telling me of his thoughts on possibly going into stand-up. It's had me thinking about the fact that it's a goal I have written down somewhere. I don't have the confidence to go that way yet, but it's something I'd like to try down the line. If you go looking through my papers and my computer, you'll find I have an actual file somewhere entitled "stand-up material." There are jokes here and there all over the place in my world. There are days when my timing's as good as it gets, but they're pretty fucking far flung. Today was close to one of those days for about two hours, but then I lost my touch. Ah, well.

Hey. Curry!