For you, the dress code is casual.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Yippy-Ki-Yay, Mofo! Progress, Baby!

My tres shitty start to my day is long, long gone. I've not only tackled and put away all my paper work, I've managed to kill ALL the clutter in the four main places that I've had Mounds of Clutter for the last several months -- on my two antique sideboards, my kitchen table, and atop my beloved writing desk.

Hmm. Maybe I should post a photo of it sometime, the desk. It's something I essentially altered from a design I saw once in a book -- all seven-feet long of it. I cleaned off the surface and gave it a couple deep, doting coats of of Tung Oil (okay, no jokes about oiling wood with Tung... that's just too easy). Now? Fucking AWESOME! I can't WAIT to do some serious writing now. FINALLY.

I hate writing at my desk when it's all cluttered. Well, clutter no more. My bedroom's gonna be in a better state than it's been in months. Yay! I'm a happy Steff. :) I had NO idea I could get this much done in a day -- but really, just since about 4:00. Holy shit! Who knew?! I should check my ass for char marks, considering the fire I've lit under it. Wow. All that's left to do in my apartment? About five dishes, sweep the floors, Swiffer, and tidy the bathroom. Then, I'm up for domestic Goddess of the Month award. "It's a clean sweep!" Hardy-har-har.