For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Some Recent Photography...

I recently finally got a decent sized memory card for my camera. Before, I had a 32MB card, and now I have a big-assed 512MB card. Yay! About time. I was limited in how many shots I could take in a day, and always had to edit them on the fly. Now, I can save more and be fussier at home with a larger viewing media. Whew.

This is in my area, a sign on the main strip, Oak, heading towards downtown Vancouver. I love the grouping of signs, and with the cross at the top, I thought it was amusing. I call this, "How to Get to Heaven." Sometimes, a change of perspective changes everything.


We had some nice sunny weather earlier this week, on one of the rare days my flu has abated in the past few weeks, and this was taken after a meeting downtown. This is the legendary Stanley Park Seawall, which is 8 miles/11km long, part of a network of 35kms of seaside-routes for bikes and walkers along the waterfront of Vancouver -- one of the reasons this is one of the most active cities on the continent. What's not to love?


Another portion of the Seawall, probably about 3-4km Northwest of the above photo, still on the Stanley Park stretch. (Stanley Park's the largest urban park in the world -- next is New York's Central Park, I believe.) But this photo is very representative of the fact that we truly do live in a rainforest. It'd been sunny a couple days by this point, yet the ground was still draining down this cliff wall. Takes a long while for this region to dry out.


Again, the same stretch as the first Seawall photo. I love catching people just being natural, just like this. The photo could be darker, but then again, I couldn't be bothered right now. :)


Every now and then, I luck out on the beach being at a ridiculous low tide. Some days, you can walk a kilometre or more out on the sandbars. This is when I sadly discovered a hole in my shoe, which made for mighty wet and cold feet on my 20+ minute scooter ride home, and perhaps why I'm sick again. :P