For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Some Recent Photography Part Deux...

As you probably know (or maybe you don't, if you're new here) I love doing classic car shots, and nothing's more classic than a hula dancer mounted on the dash of a classic Laurentian. Animal-skin steering wheel cover? Priceless! (Canadian trivia: The red flower on the bottom right is the poppy -- what Canadians wear leading up to November 11th, which we've dubbed "Remembrance Day," and the poppies signify respect for the veterans who've fought in past wars, the poppy being made famous as a symbol of peace in the Canadian poem by Lt. Col. John McCrae--)

In Flanders Field the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.



I'm cool, I ride a scooter. A retro-styled Eurotrash scooter. Not only does it look cool, but it lowers my cost of living by about $300 a month compared to the car I likely would have bought had I not bought a scoot. People always approach me to talk about this little beast, but sooner or later, they always comment on my Evolve Fish.


I love new flowers in spring.



I also love the look of young algae on the shores in the sunlight, which you only see when the tide's really, really receded, such as it had on this day last week. Sadly, the picture does the sight no justice, since the algae is freakishly lime green in the sun.