For you, the dress code is casual.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

The State of the Steff Union

I really, really, really plan to update this cesspool of a blog with part two of the Yukon tale intro, but your patience is appreciated. I'm just getting over the last of this fucking bronchitis, and I've been working on a deadline (that pays sweet fuck all except a byline of note) off and on all week, fruitlessly until now.

Now I'm all tied up with working today and tomorrow, but hopefully the weekend will bring part deux (which is mostly written as is, but needs an ending... and needs me finding the friggin' thing after having "organized" my laptop's desktop... ha. Oh, the irony.)

As happens today, I'm off to tackle the last of unemployed paperwork, and if there's a god, another week or so should result in knowing whether I have to get my ass into another job ASAP or not.

On the other hand, I've heard from someone with a proposition that could mean some real good things for me. Said proposition needs some discussing, which should happen sometime early next week.

Saturday, I have date Numero Deux with a guy who can only aptly be described as non-stud nice man -- which is what I'm in the market for. I've been toying with the requisite bad boys and artsy boys of late and my god, I'm so sick of all the crap they come with. Give me a man who says what he means, does what he believes, and doesn't give a shit about living up to an image, and you'll give me a man who mirrors all I value.

So, Nice Guy's making me dinner, and it dawns on me that I've never really had a guy make me a meal from top to bottom before. (Well, I've had them make me a meal, but cooking for me's a whole other ball game.)

This shall be entertaining, and welcomed. Anyhow, much going on, many distractions, but next week will be a much, much better week. Thank goodness.