For you, the dress code is casual.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

London Bridge is falling down

Sans cable and working in a frenzy all day, I completely missed the news about London until tonight.

To my English readers, my sympathies.

To the terrorists, here’s hoping you spineless motherfuckers get the kharmic cheque that’s in the mail, you bastards.

To the media, no shit. I’m watching coverage and the ticker on the bottom says, “World leaders condemn London attacks.”

Someone missed the definition of the word “news,” then, I take it. Of course they condemn it. Know why?

It’s worthy of condemnation! It’s a spineless, cowardly, pathetic act by people who seem to think that random mass killings equate strategy in a war that only they seem to understand.

As a result, we're all left a little more confused, wondering why we smile on our brother and try to get through each day together if all we're gonna do in the end is be driven this far apart all over again.

I think it’s unforgiveable, no matter who you are, no matter where you are, to force your agendas on others. I want to go off on a rant, but there's no need!

Adrian, my beloved stalker, has done a damned fine job of explaining the ground rules of how you behave in other people’s homes, including their nations, and you can read that here.

Now, back to my ranting on other areas related to this fucking bombing.

Who gets my annoyance now? The U.S., I'm sorry to say. I’m pissed off that there’s a kneejerk “Oh, my God, let’s protect everything” mass movement towards security down in the States again. The local American news was reporting how they’re suddenly beefing up security in Seattle.

85665-thumb_shut_20the_20fuck_20up
I can't help it. I think it's wrong to govern people by instilling fear in them.

BESIDES, for one fucking day, just one day, can we let it be about those dead and injured people being dealt with across the Atlantic? Or is that asking too much?

Stupid media. Have some respect. And the American government has got to get over itself. Be vigilant all the time, or save us the goddamned grief and move on.

AMMENDMENT:

Okay, ALL Western governments have to get over themselves. Canada's joined the party and we are upping transit security in major cities. PFFT.

It's bullshit. Let England grieve.