For you, the dress code is casual.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Reality and Toaster Ovens

Working on my article. Wow. It really is work. Bummer. I far prefer writing for the hell of it. I want to be famous and whorey and able to rant and rage on anything I want, guided merely by vitriol and venom, and a generous splash of PMS, at my whimsy.

But no... the world doesn't work like that. Pity.

You can read this story I posted over on Transcental Floss.com.

Fortunately, my article is chugging along. How dreary.

I'm enjoying it more now, though, and feeling less homicidal about it--always a plus. I have far too many sort-of-sharp knives at my disposal to really be embracing my homocidal inner thoughts as much as I've been doing of late.

Venom! Vitriol! These are the things that make my heart go pitter-patter. Not some sales exec at a computer company who rides a scooter to work. Bah. But it pays money.

At least the second draft is less boring than the first. Heh. There's a noble aspiration: Less boring. Perhaps another screwdriver is in order again today... I mean, it's past noon now.

* * *


Poverty Experiment #1: Day-old McDonald's Sausage McMuffins heat up nicely in a toaster oven. Shocking. The White Trash Breakfast of Champions is a winner when toasty-crisp, with very melty processed cheese, and is paired with strong, dark, fresh homebrewed Starbucks coffee. A thumbs up from this chick.