For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Steff's Thai Peanut Salad Dressing

In regards to my eating, I need to do better. I'm getting there, though! Last night I made spring rolls for the first time ever, baked ones. Not bad, but I know how to improve them next time. And I made a Thai peanut sauce for dipping them, which I'm quite smitten with. I more or less used this recipe here, and it takes less than five minutes to make. Just awesome.

Here's the thing, though. For supper tonight and tomorrow night, spring rolls with an Oriental-style salad. Mixed greens, bean sprouts, pea shoots, grated carrot, peppers, red onions, etc... and here's the AWESOME little dressing I've come up with, that I am *so* putting into rotation as of now:

3 tablespoons homemade Thai peanut sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

Mix, and get happy. You could even kick it up with some hot sauce in there, if you like.

So tasty, and a source of protein. Love that.