For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Bad China, Bad

Rebels in Darfur have demanded the Chinese peacekeepers leave, basically accusing China of being hypocrites who are merely interested in Sudan's oil, not people.

It's the same argument many opponents of the Beijing game make, demanding China cease its oil dealings with Sudan because the proceeds from that trade are being used to perpetuate the civil unrest and, arguably, genocide. (Depending on just how many "acts" of genocide constitute a genocide, of course.)

Ibrahim, the leader of the JEM rebels in Sudan, had this to say about the dubious "peace"keepers.

"We oppose them coming because China is not interested in human rights. It is just interested in Sudan's resources," he said.

"I am not saying I will attack them. I will not say I will not attack them," he said. "What I am saying is that they are taking our oil for blood."


Well, I think I'll give sleep another try. Just loving the insomnia. (But have taken all three sleeplessness moves and sleep is all but guaranteed: changed my sheets, flipped the mattress over, and had a shower. Whoo. )