For you, the dress code is casual.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Few Photos: Lynn Valley

It's been a while since I uploaded photos and accidentally erased a bunch of good ones off my card when I put 'em on my PC, but I'm too lazy to burn a disc and bring 'em over to my iBOOK so I can post 'em, so you'll have to make due with what I shot on the weekend.

Here's a few of the ones I came out with after visiting North Vancouver's Lynn Valley Park & Suspension Bridge.

Lynn Valley's probably the most visited park with the highest number of fatalities in this corner of the province. People have perished so often that signs and memorial benches litter the park, bringing home the reality that one or two people die nearly every year in what is one of the most popular natural tourist attractions around.

Me, I love the park and used to hike there a lot when I had a car, but now that I'm on a scooter I don't get there as often as I should. Regardless of all the fatalities, or perhaps because of them, I find it a very spiritual, peaceful, and restorative place to visit. That hike really did me in, but I felt fantastic afterwards. Methinks some more communing with nature needs to happen more often.

Anyhoo. Here's yer fix.





This one gives you some perspective. Click on the image to get a glimpse of the teeny-tiny little hikers next to our awesome second-growth forests. (Old-growth forests aren't around this part of the world much. You hafta head to Clayoquot, Carmannah, and other places in BC to get wowed by the insane monsters you'll find in BC. Still... these are nice. :)






Labels: , , , , ,