For you, the dress code is casual.

Friday, September 15, 2006

It's Friday!

I weep with glee that it is Friday. This having-two-days-off thing is working nicely for me.

The pile-driving's been in full swing for more than 30 minutes now, and there's a strange new echo to it. I'm not crazy about this new sound as I had gotten used to it last time.

Okay, you want to know why I'm excited to go to work? Leftover chicken pot pie! Oh my GOD did I over-excel with making that pie! Jesus, I'm good. :) I used no recipe. I just fucked around. All the leftover juices from my chicken roasting, and instead of using butter to make the roux, I used chicken fat. (The leftover chicken fat I'm freezing in ice cubes for future rouxs!) Then, water and cream and thyme and savoury and salt. Roasted chicken bits. Frozen veggies. Simmered for a bit. Then I made the Joy of Cooking biscuit recipe. The lightest and fluffiest biscuit topping I've made in some time.

It was awesome. Out of this world good. Better than any chicken pot pie I have ever, ever made. I hope I can recreate it down the road. Chicken pot pie is about as comfort food as it gets. Yay! And I have enough for supper, too.

It's the small stuff in life that keeps me happy. :) I think I'll do a roast beef and a chicken this Sunday and freeze some of the bounty. I've always heard of others roasting birds and living off them for a week, but I don't know why it's taken me so long to see the light. Now I have. Now I get it. This is the better way to live the austere life. All good indeed.