For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, August 07, 2006

It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp...

So, I'm about to watch Hustle & Flow. It took me a long time to get around to seeing that flick, but I still saw it before most of the world did. I'd heard the whispers about Terence Howard and wanted to see if he lived up to the hype, and boy, did he. But this is my inspiration for podcasting today.

Tonight holds the movie, a barbecue, and some reflectin' on a bike ride. I'm feeling good about the podcasting. I've recorded about fourteen different attempts at getting the ball rolling, and there are a few "moments" in there, moments that give me a little insight on where this wagon be rollin', my friends. Feels good. This be fun. I'm liking it. My shyness will dissipate as the week progresses, and I'll move into a direction I feel worthy of canning, I suspect. This be good.

............................

A few hours later: GayBoy happened; with chicken kung-pow. And spring rolls. So, a little dope, a little spring rolls, some steamed rice and a batch of kung-pow and now here I be, trying to screw up the momentum for a bike ride.

Damn you, GayBoy.

Bah.

Y'know, it's hard out here for a pimp, when he always tryin' to make money for da rent.

(The trouble with cycling right now is that I need to create forward momentum. Bah!)