For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Rant: Stupid Phrases

I really, really, really hate when people say, "At the end of the day..." For example, "At the end of the day, it's the job that's done that counts."

Every time someone says, "At the end of the day," what I really want to retort with is, "It's night?"

I mean, for fuck's sake, if you want to talk about the stupidest sayings there are, that one's at the top of the list. I just caught yet another supposedly intellectual person saying that phrase. Makes me wanna reach the fuck out and yank that degree away from them.

"YOU, you lack basic intelligence! It's NIGHT, you dimwit! Day, then night. That's what it is. At the end of the day, it's night, unless you live in the fucking Arctic, where, at the end of summer, it's night/winter for a long fucking time."

Which means this is a good time for me to mention how much I also hate the saying "Bob's your uncle." I mean, I don't even have an uncle Robert, let alone a Bob. There are no Roberts anywhere in my entire extended family. Seriously. Nada. None. Nyet. Zippo. El zero.

My guy heard the saying "The cat's ass" for the first time the other night. I don't know why that one's caught on, but I've always loved it, despite the fact that, well, it's a weird one. I'm not sure I want to be a cat's ass, so I don't entirely understand why "being the cat's ass" is supposed to be a positive. I do, however, envy the frequency at which cats get their asses licked, though, but since they do the licking themselves, I really don't see my ass-licking-o-meter skyrocketing any time soon.