For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

A Weather Forecast A Girl Could Weep For!

It's 3pm on Saturday. Do you know where your sunshine is?

I do! I do!

I've got a couple hours before I have to get purty for a date. The Guy is taking me out for dinner, and I think we're going for Spanish tapas tonight. (I don't think tapas are technically supposed to be of any other nationality, but the word seems to have taken on a new meaning, that of "small meals" to be shared amongst friends, of nearly any variety, of late.)

I'm cycling in pursuit of good breakfast sausages, so I'll head either to the organics store a few kms from my place, or up into Kerrisdale, home of the rich and the snobby.

Either way, I don't care. It's sunny, but it's also windy, so I'll be donning gloves. Still, this is the first of what the weather people are saying shall be two weeks of sun, sun, glorious sun.

After one of the wettest winters in Vancouver memory and one of the coldest Aprils I've ever experienced, I'm bloody ELATED to see a warming trend and sun trend looming.

Plus, I'm back into fitness. How I've ever lost weight, given the love I have for food, is a mystery, but most of it's a result of exercise -- cycling, swimming sometimes, weightlifting, walking, Pilates... I've done a little of all of them, plus some free weights and ab work at home. I've been active every day this week in different ways, and plan to continue this bold new approach. It should take off weight quickly, plus allow me to continue eating the odd decadent meal that I so love.

Life's too short to go granola all the time. I mean, shit, animals were born to be eaten, cheese was made to be eaten, and grapes willingly sacrifice their lives to become wine, and all for a good good reason: So I can do merciless battle with the scales.

So, I shall bust my sore ass and crucificied abs as I haul myself up that endless fucking ascent to my stores of choice. Ahh, geography, you cruel bitch! But this way, breakfast shall include good sausages, yummy eggs, and good toast. If I get enough of a workout... hash browns, from scratch! YEAH, baby.