For you, the dress code is casual.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

An Assortment; Plus, The Green Meanie Marinade!

I think my hits are probably not going down after all. I've just added a redirect for a domain name on my website, and apparently that can do Bad Things to one's stats. I suspect I need to look into a webhosting package in order to deal with everything properly.

Today, I officially moved into the top 10,000 blogs in the world, out of 40 million. How fucking weird is that? WICKED. Let's hear it, kids, a great big WOOOOOOOOT!

On top of that? The Boyfriend can start bearing weight on his leg! He's soon to be gimp-no-more! Lucky for him, he's getting razzed like mad at work and I suspect he's about five minutes away from lacing the water cooler with cyanide if they don't stop teasing him about the leg. Still, I'm just happy he's on the mend. It's been a tough go, and I'm proud of both of us for handling his adversities as well as we have. By about Canada Day he should be fully weight-bearing. Awesome!

Anyhow, been a while since I've posted foodlies here, and I invented this marinade last night for dinner with the fabulous GayBoy. I call it The Green Meanie Marinade!

It's zesty, but not too much so. It'd be awesome with a lemon risotto, or with a tossed salad, or roasted potatoes... We had lemon-soaked grilled asparagus and prawns and stuff with it and it was yum.

Steff's GREEN MEANIE Marinade

1/3 c. olive oil
half a bunch of basil, or more (cilantro might be nice, too, for something diff)
1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp cumin AND coriander (ground)
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
3 cloves garlic
Juice of one lemon

PUREE in a blender, and marinate on chicken thighs for a couple hours, give or take. Grill for about three minutes a side, baste, and flip. Repeat for a total of 6 minutes each side. Eat and be merry. In that order. :)