For you, the dress code is casual.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Let the games begin

Oh, right, they already have. But not just the Olympics, I mean.

I quit one job today, and I think I ruffled their feathers, but I don't care. I was being paid 40% less than my other jobs, so y'know, no biggie, right? The job that matters, they know I'm very likely walking this coming Monday. And I have an open invitation to return.

No, no severence, but I keep my self-respect, I keep a couple good friends, and I keep an outstanding reference, as well as an open opportunity to work in times of need. I'm not sure I'd price that at $3,000 on face value, but I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Then, it'll be all about waiting to see if the government approves of my claim. God, let's hope.

Anyhow, I'm quaking as much from hunger as I am from my nerves. The hunger, I can do something about. The nerves, well, a little toke might alleviate some pressure, but it'll be surface only.

Still... a good day. My record of employment will be dated on my Mother's birthday. She would be proud of me for having the balls to quit to attempt my dream, but she'd be terrified, too. She'd smile about my quitting on her birthday, since she always wanted me to grow up to be a writer. I think she was sad sometimes, felt there was so much beauty in the world but had no means to express it. That her daughter wanted to be a writer was always something she loved, and that my dad loves today. I know the parental concerns about moves like these, but I'm glad to know the support is there, deep down, on both fronts.

So, a small thing, that dated ROE, but inside, I'll be really happy about the significance.

Gives me something to look forward to; tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of the cancer being found. A week I hate, this. But with good movement, good news. Nice.