For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Sunny January Day: Stanley Park / English Bay

Finally! A sunny day. I cycled about 22kms, a little more than I'd planned to, but it was so fucking nice out that I took the long way to the seawall. When I'd gotten most of the way around, I tripped when dismounting to get a photo. I sprained my ankle and badly gnashed my knee. Nice. Still, worth it for the day I had. Biking back to a bus station was a beyotch, though, man.

The yield was good. Here's a few. More tomorrow.

This one is Vancouver's Granville Street Bridge, which takes ya from the ritzy South Grandville Rise section of town into the Downtown Core. Honestly, it's one of my favourite photos already. I was hoping this would have a great mood to it when I shot it, but I'm pleasantly surprised.


This was a bike I saw chained up by the seashore. I loved the background, obviously, so... I also have a 50% desaturated version that has a real old-school feel to it, but I love the vividness of this.


I was taking a different photo, you see, and just craned my head up and over my shoulder to see a passing bird and caught this angle, so I decided to snap it.


This is the same area I took in the fog before the new year, which you'll find below somewhere. It's the end of English Bay and the start of Stanley Park, the largest urban park in the world.


It's pretty easy to relax when you've got this view in front of ya, don't you think? I love the feel of this photo. you wouldn't know there was a wide blue patch of sky right behind me. I love the moody clouds the mountains draw sometimes. There's these stretches every summer of perfect blue skies, and I always love it as it moves to the end phase and those storm clouds begin rolling in. But in the summer, you never have the snow-capped nasty mountains. Tres bon.


Anyhow... my ankle needs more ice. I'm too old for this shit, man. More shots tomorrow. :)

Ed. note: I'm really glad I'm shooting all right right now. I really love a few of the shots I've taken today. It's been a while since I felt that buzz of great weather / moody atmospheres and a bike ride and all that. I'm HURTING tonight with this frickin' ankle, man, but I really just don't care. It's not often we creative types know we've done good, but it's nice to seize the moment when it strikes. I'm mellow tonight, I have a little dope. I've been SO stressed out for about five months now, maybe more like eight months. I feel it starting to ebb away. I am so ripe for something new. I'm looking forwards to the next few months. This blog's gonna serve as the record for the goings on that way, and my quirks, and my photos. I'd been wanting to infuse new life here, and now I think the background's set for the play. Could be nice to have a record of all my attempts for a bit. Whee! Newness *rocks.*