For you, the dress code is casual.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Done like dinner, Martha

I did it. I quit my job.

I'm so fucking terrified. Security is everything to me. But so is self-respect and autonomy.

So. Moving on. I won't be looking for work immediately, but hope to happen upon something in the near future. I've never had to "look" for work. I've never submitted more than three resumes at a time in my life. I always get what I want -- if I really want it.

So, then, why worry? Uncertainty, I guess. Possibility. Probability. It all bunches together into one big quake of wow.

Optimistic but scared as shit. Whew. What a day. All good, though.

(Ed. note: Have decided to apply to book publishers. Maybe someone's going back to school next month, hmm? Whee! Suspense is cool, y'know.)