For you, the dress code is casual.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quickie Update.

My father informs me I've gone two weeks without updating. Whups.

I'll get to it. Just a quickie hi. I've got to shower and get to work. Slept 10 hours last night, first time I've had more than six hours in about two months. LOVE that.

Life's improving quickly. My back is improving. I'm inundated after weeks of immobility and pain -- playing catch-up with life is a hard thing to do when you've been unable to do much at all for a long time.

But I'm slowly catching up. Another week or two and I'll be where I need to be.

There hasn't been much to report. Pain doesn't improve in leaps and bounds. Injuries are slow and tedious. Struggle takes time to pass. I haven't had much worth saying. Life's required doing, not reflecting, of late, and that's the way the blogging cookie crumbles.

I found I got into a horribly negative place in the whole back deal. Pain puts me in a bad place short-term, but living in constant total-body pain is a crippling ordeal. Better people than me survive it, because god knows I wasn't fond of who it made me become. Goodness.

Anyhow. I'm far from 100% and have been told this will take two months to surpass -- two months from now. So this will be the better part of a third of a year of my life before I'm through, but the physiotherapist says I'll be stronger, more balanced, and able to do the complicated yoga poses that have always eluded me in about three months if I do everything he says.

But it's gonna take a lot of work.

On the up-side: I cycled 9km on Sunday. It felt rough at times, but it happened, I survived it, and I'm happy. :)

Now I gotta work. Jetting, baby. Bus time. Leaving way late because the thought of 80 kids crammed on the bus to get to school makes me violently ill. I'm clearly getting old. Ha!