For you, the dress code is casual.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Your Van Did WHAT?

So, that's the last time I ever, ever write anything positive about my brother. Or negative, or anything at all maybe.

I go and say how well he's doing this morning, and what happens tonight?

I get the phonecall saying how his van decided to spontaneously combust on Canada Way -- while he was moving his massive DVD collection out to White Rock.

Apparently his van made a funny noise and bad things started to happen, so he pulls over to check the engine, lifts the hood, and WHOOSH, fire roars up at him.

It took 20 minutes for the fire department to get there. He likened the interior to a fire pit after a really big night of partying with a bonfire.

Poor motherfucker.

"But wait'll you see the insurance settlement," I say, trying to lighten the load a little.

Fuckin' hell.

He never reads this blog anyhow, but whatever. God.

"How's your day?"

"Fine till that impromptu barbecue on Canada Way."

Geeeeeeeez. Wow. Needless to say, my schedule's cleared up handily for tomorrow. I nixed the bike ride at the last second this morning when I heard crackling in my hearing aid, and being as I can't afford repairs for a while, I decided the priority was to visit them for some preventative maintenance that they do free.

Now I can cycle tomorrow. Ha. AWESOME. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Somewhere different. Likely by the river. Not feeling very in-with-the-throngs and seawall-ish right now. Away, madding crowds. Away!

Or... maybe the university. Hmm. Trails? Ooh. Options.