For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Steff's Take on the Middle Eastern White Bean Salad

I'm about to bake some honey-cilantro-crusted salmon, and I'll letcha know how that works out.

1 can butter beans, if you can find 'em, or navy beans, etc.
1/2 an English cucumber, diced small
4 roma/plum tomatoes, chopped
6 green onions sliced thin
1 green, yellow, and red pepper, seeded & chopped small
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf/italian parsley

Combine all these ingredients in a bowl (don't worry about mixing it yet, and be careful of the tomatoes when you do).

Dressing:
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
salt
pepper
3 crushed, minced cloves of garlic
black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil

Combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over salad, mix well, serve. Will keep for several days.

This is an awesome all-purpose salad I'm officially going to make more often. It's for dinner with my salad and my asparagus. Very healthy, no? Hopefully I'll be doing this more often.

**

In other news, I've hung some art, laid out rugs, put a few cluttery things away. It's still a messy pad, but the things I've been getting done are ones I've been ignoring for a while.

GayBoy and I both encountered the same post-painting "fuck that" attitude towards the finishing of the job.

So, slowly but surely. I have a five-day holiday weekend two weeks from now, and know I'll polish off the rest of my stuff in between fun things. Yay. Oh, to finally be done.

Not really possessing of endless "yeah, clean up!" energy right now, what with the exercising and all. But hey. Soon. :)

The salmon is summoning me. Back to cooking, then.

Labels: ,