For you, the dress code is casual.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fitness Update

Well, my jogging experiment was short-lived. I don't think my body's cut out for it right now. Maybe some other time.

I've been cycling a lot, though. (Hence the photos.) But the weather's shit this week, so today I went swimming for the first time in many months. It was great and I'm glad I went. Tomorrow I'll hit up the gym and push myself hard. If the weather improves on the weekend, I'll take a long ride.

One of my new friends at work has invited me to go boxing with her next Tuesday. So, I'm going! I'm strong and have decent reflexes, so I'm curious to see how it plays out. But back when I had my scooter accident in '04, I healed really quickly considering the severity of my injuries, and my practitioners said it was thanks to the variety of exercises I'd been doing.

(You do one kind of exercise and your muscles only know one thing. Do three or four or more, and that muscle memory's greater.)

But boxing! I've sort of been wanting to box for two or three years, but the whole big-fat-girl thing's a hard mentality to overcome in a gym like that. But fuck it! I'm done with the "but I'm not the right shape" excuse. I'm stoked. :)

My cardio's already improving this month, so I'm keen to take things up a few notches. Should be an interesting summer.

My friend's invited me over to her place for dinner with her family after, too, so I guess it's a get-fit/get-fat double-double scenario. I'm cool with rewards, though! All good. I'm going to live life and be active, but I'm not going to starve myself into submission!

Put'em up, suckah!