For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Snapshots: My Night.

I've begun playing a little more with Photoshop, but I'm not as hip as I wanna be, y'know. This is an awesome page of photo effect work on a plain ordinary photo. I think it's a little excessive, but it's an impressive bit of work, and tells you in exacting detail "how to". Wonder if I can make the fighting photos I took the other day have an ethereal, almost "superhero" feel to them? That could be quite the kick. Gonna play with that some night this week.

***

Thai green chicken curry looms. I've got actual Thai basil for a change, and I'm cooking with lemongrass for the first time ever. A couple weeks ago, I bought a 2lb bag of baby sweet (red, yellow, orange) peppers for $3.99 (-10% for customer appreciation day!) and I still have a few, and they're going in as well.

And brown jasmine rice so I'm eating healthy in the face of the coconut milk.

***

45 minutes later. Plan amended. Now having Thai sweet red rice. It looks black. I've never really had it before. I thought it'd be a rich and decadent contrast to the light and savory green curry sauce. A gamble! God, I'm a brave woman. Fear me.

I'm looking forwards to this. Trouble is, I forgot to turn the rice maker on for 20 minutes. Duh. Capital d. Will report.

***

Podcasting? Ah. The rub! I think I got some good stuff. I had a good personality for most of the day today, then I got tired this afternoon. I was out for breakfast with an old, old friend who's not been in my life for 13 years. Actually came home in the mood to record, and did, like, two takes, and then I started having Audacity crashing on me. I used Registry Mechanic, yet still. Now I'm defragmenting.

Ergo, in hell. But soon it will be a well-fed hell.

***


Heroes is on tonight! Ah-ha! The world still needs saving. Someone get Hiro Nakamura a manual on how to bend time! Where the hell is Stephen Hawking when you need him, eh?

HAS THERE EVER BEEN A COOLER SERIES? HUH? I ASK YOU! It's definitely on the list near the top of my favourites. It's just so goddamned original, yet so not. Fuck, man. Perfect for MY generation. I love that show. I'm so buying the DVDs.

But soon will come the winter hiatus. Curse you, season of giving!

***

I got to ride my scooter today. The snow is finally on its way out. So what do I ask to do tonight? To go cross-country skiing on the weekend. GayBoy knows someone who runs a bus company and might be able to get us a deal on rental and free commute. We'll see!

***

Thai red rice... I'm going to try a different brand and see if the gluteny purpleish effect is reduced. I liked the flavour, but I'll try the brand sold on Granville Island instead of the cheap "Texana" brand I've bought from Dan-d-pak. Still, I was right, a nice contrast to the sauce. Lemongrass, sweet peppers, a spanish onion, and Thai basil made a great green curry. Next time, chiles get added, too.

***

My house is clean. GayBoy, I am loathe to admit you were right and I reversed the couch and beanbag, and it works better. I hate it when you're right. Curse you. And the cheese you left on the couch, oooh. You eat like a cow sometimes. Luckily you're so loveable. Still. Yeesh.

***

I'm defragmenting my computer in the hopes that Audacity will stop crashing. Three hours and it's 32% done.

Oy vey.