For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Holy Fountain of Youth, Batman

So, my pops looks about 10 years younger, at least. His hair's gone all grey, funnily, but he does look quite a bit younger. His skin's shiny and piable and has lots of colour to it. His face is smooth and clear and his eyes look nice and vibrant.

Today was his best day yet. He's sharp, alert, no longer slurring words, quick to answer, drawing on long-term memory, the whole shebang. He says he thinks he'll do a full recovery. But he says it'll be a couple weeks until he's likely to be released from the hospital, which makes sense to me. Still! He looks better than he has in abour four or five years today. What a load off! And he confessed he's going into withdrawal without reading my blog. He says he reads it religiously, which made me grin.

I have to try and get my energy up so I can accomplish something today. I got out there right before they were about to put Dad through the paces, changing over all the bedding, washing him up, et al, so he told me to vamoose and have a better afternoon. I'm pretty whiped out, though. Just been a long couple of weeks, and now that I don't need to worry, I'm just plain bagged. SMARTLY, last wednesday, I called the doc's a booked a flu shot for friday a.m. I've been way too sick too often this past year, so I'm being vigilant. Grr. No flu!

Yesterday was a pretty slack day. I obiously went out for my photographs. It rained about 85 millimetres yesterday, so it was one hell of a wet day. I tell you, never was there a better test for my raingear. Got home, and not a stitch of me was wet under my raingear -- after three-plus hours in the rain and riding home in a blinding torrent with rivers in the street. Now that's a fucking good jacket, man! I knew I had the best rainpants ever already though. They're holding up great. Dry as can be! Wet through to the bone with the humid air, but a half hour in a nice hot tub fixed that but good!

I got a chicken, which I'll soon be roasting, and I dropped into my beloved cheese shop. A creamy cheddar with mustard seed and ale in it, which is Italian meat-strong type cheese, sure to be great in chicken sammiches! A white stilton with candied ginger -- awesome. Next time I'll try the ginger and mango stilton, though. And I got a bit of white stilton with cherries. I'm enjoying dessert cheeses these days. Nice. And I snagged some Lesley Stowe seed crackers, which are influenced by pumpernickle, I think, with lotsa tasty seeds in it. Wonderful for a sweet cheese. Yum. This is my rainy afternoon snack, and then I need to clean this dive up. Yeesh. Outta control, man.

And I need to roast the chicken tonight. Grumble. It'll be great for work, though. Oh, and I bought an orange honey mustard that I suspect will be lovely for salads. Something zesty and fun. I like food weekends. Fun. Next week, though, paycheck's gonna buy some gym visits. This girl's way overdue.

Oh, and I sold my first blog ad today. Woot. Just a cheap one-week thing, but it's promising. The first! Yippee.