For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Food, Food and Lazy Days

I put my brain on pause this morning. Soon I need to get going out to see Dad, but I was intending for a later visit anyhow. I'm not doing anything tonight, and I'd rather travel later for some reason or another. My main goal today was to sleep late and move slow. Success!

I woke at 10:30 and then jetted around to get the makings of a great breakfast. It's my time to indulge, so I had my favourite chicken-apple sausages, fried eggs, baguette, and some really dark French press coffee. Bliss. I've been good and eating steel-cut Irish oatmeal all week long, the kind that takes 20 minutes to cook. That, and salads for lunch. I'm behaving really well, and the weird thing is, I don't feel like I'm giving anything up. The salads are awesome, filled with roasted chicken and nice veggies like yellow peppers and grape tomatoes. A little provolone and all is good. It fills me up for hours, too, which I never thought would be the case. It's all the chicken, I'm sure, but hey. It's all good.

I suspect I'll lose weight now. I go easy with the dressing, a 2:1 vinegar-to-oil ratio, and seldom any sweetener (honey, if I use it, though). No croutons. Sigh. No bread on the side now. Yay.

I suspect I'll be feeling pretty different in a couple of weeks. I'm not going to go all Nazi with the food. I love food. I will not deprive myself in the name of being all insanely healthy. I will never be "Granola Steff". Dessert cheeses are going to continue crossing my threshold, and now and then the dark chocolate will appear, too. I won't slum it when it comes to indulgences. If I'm indulging, I'm indulging. Yep. Moderation.

---

They're calling for another storm. There's respite right now. Sunny. Nice. Cool-ish. Tomorrow, wind and rain. Again. We've had something like more than a third our annual rainfall in the last 10 days or so (something like 500 mm+ has fallen, and 85 more is forecasted tomorrow), and we've had the largest boil-water advisory in the province's history, with 2.5 million people affected by it, and 1.5 million still are, after three days. Landslides have been bringing "many organisms" into the reservoirs. Meaning feces and corpses, really. Flooding is everywhere.

I'm still riding my scooter. I had to haul my 160-lb bike up onto a 10-inch platform yesterday because the rain had formed a lake in our frigging parking lot. Middle of the day, my bike's in 6 inches of water. Shit, man. Ha.

But I left the bike at home Wednesday and will tomorrow, too. There's a chance I'll go to an open house tomorrow, but if the weather's shitty I am NOT bussing it. Jesus. I'm so sick of getting poured on. It's ridiculous. I'd rather get cozy and watch the Grey Cup. (Canada's Super Bowl.)

(I was writing away, but now I took the last chunk out because it's about wanting to date, et al, and I'm gonna move to to the other blog. One less make-work project for my weekend. ;)