For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Yippy-skippy! I'm a podcaster!

I'm so happy I could cry. Except I'm just plum worn out from the figurin' that I'm not gonna go jumping up and down. But I will go for a short bike ride.

The podcasting? Awesome quality. I've debugged everything and figured out how much I need to power down and am now unplugging from the internet, which gives it a pretty top-notch recording quality as a result. I'm finally satisfied. And now I need content. I've got three good minutes, a segment called Editorial Policy, but I might expound or change that. But, y'know, it took me about three frustrating hours to figure out what the hell the problem was. Some settings had reset. I needed to reboot dozens of times, and then I even unplugged cable. Sigh. But now it's skookum good, and I'm starting to feel the first real relief I've felt in weeks. And I have some cute new clips to redo, plus some deccent old clips to redo, and maybe, just maybe, I'll have a show in a couple days.

Things are gonna come together now. This is gonna be good. So. Now I'm taking a bikeride to recharge (and might shoot some moody photos, given the sudden appearance of clouds) then I'll grab some beer and buy the makings for some burgers. It's a Saturday night in, and things are gonna work, finally.

This is the end of three very frustrating months of trying to get THIS level of quality. I don't want no shit-sounding podcast. Nothing but the very best for this girl. About time. And my patience VERY nearly snapped earlier, but I held on for just a little longer -- uninstalled some codecs, found all the fucked settings, changed some system processes, and powered down McAfee and the internet, and now. A fine end product. I'm pleased as punch with myself right now. Yay. :o)

By Monday I want to have a 15-minute starter show to listen to on my iPOD so I can quality-check before taking things to that polished level. This is kinda cool... as far as hobbies go, this makes me kinda a cool and geek-chic-y chick, don't it? Ha. Neato. Yay! Did I mention I'm proud of myself for FINALLY figuring this out?! YAY.