For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Why, Is this a Method I see before me?

Now that I've solved all the technical issues, the "block" returns. I'm fightin' it though. I'm cooking a snack and watching some of Inside the Actors' Studio. Dustin Hoffman is on it, and it's a two-hour special. Hoffman's a really inspiring guy, an actor's actor, and I love his vibe.

It's perfect for me today. I'm playing it safe, being careful what I say, and you know what? My cache isn't in safety. My cache's in me being my larger than life self. That's what it is. The on-the-edge but smart and sarcastic chick that hangs out with GayBoy is where my money lies. That's me, and it's a commodity I have that I can sell.

Trouble is, I'm nervous about going there. Hoffman, though, he hates people who play it safe. He calls it a sin. A sin!

So, then, I guess I'll stop playing it safe and take another crack at it. Every now and then someone talks about their craft and it just fires me up. All comes down to what we bring to it, right? Ahh, I love an inspiring speaker. He gets flustered a lot, but that's just the character behind the method. Anyhow. Got me some work to do, plus there's a hockey game on. This year I'm gonna be a better fan. Tsk.