For you, the dress code is casual.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

So Much For That

Sigh. Good writing in the morning/early afternoon, but no recording happened. I wound up having a sore throat. Drinking water even hurt. I thought I was getting sick, but it must've been just a shift in the weather, or maybe my 9 hours of sleep helped.

Either way, I'm rested, but under just as much pressure. I guess I'm picking up some food today and coming home tonight to record a bit. I still have all of next weekend, too.

I shouldn't have gone to the PNE, but I would've been as depressed as all hell if I'd had no fun on a long weekend. There's only so much work ethic a girl can have.

Now I need to buckle down and not socialize for the next week and a half or so. After that, I practically have folks lined up to do things. Well, it's not a BIG line up, but there are a few good folks I've been putting off, and I'm excited to do things. I'm looking forwards to having a life again. One person's someone I hit it off with when networking, another's an old friend I haven't seen in a decade, another's someone I met last month and think will be a fun chick to know. Then there are The Regular Features who also need to see me. There's a visit to the Sunshine Coast that'll be much of the weekend two weeks from now. Oy vey. I'm about to get crazy busy. And I need to decide if I plan to tutor at all.

And then there's another networking event on the 26th that I intend to hit up, and this one's all about advertising and marketing on the net. Lovely! Not coding. Yay!

God. I'm glad I've rested well this weekend. It's gonna get whack. And I still need to bring this podcast together. Tonight I start to record. I'll just have to unplug my phone now and then. Ah well. Sleep was good. A good start. I needed a do-nothing day, but I feel guilty for having one. Sigh.