For you, the dress code is casual.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I Am On the Verge...

...the verge of dinner!

I'm actually cooking, sort of. I bought pre-made chicken parmigiana, which is probably going to be laughable compared to the real deal, but that's why I'm making awesome roasted garlic mashed spuds with, oh, I don't know, possibly some parmesan or something else tasty. I have a few minutes to ponder the potential.

Meanwhile, Oprah's yammering in the other room. I'm getting into the habit of taping her again. For some reason, Oprah gives me more fodder for writing than any other source. It trips switches. I haven't been watching in a couple months now. SAY! That's for as long as I've found writing unrewarding! Fancy that!

Today was a strangely good day at work. So good, in fact, that I have decided to be insanely kind to my coworkers and make blueberry muffins in the morning. I recently made some peanut butter-chocolate chip-'nana muffins with soy flour and REALLY liked them, so this time I've bought low-fat soy flour and instead of my usual hijinks of adding blueberry yogurt (I have a dairy-allergic coworker) I will instead blend soy milk and blueberries in the blender for a flavoured batter. Betcha they rock. If they turn out, I'll post my modified recipe so that folks with wheat allergens and shit can have something awesome in their lives.

'cause I'm just THAT KINDA GAL, man.

Woot, indeed.

I like satisfying days at work. I like feeling appreciated. I like getting thanks and smiles and stuff. Is that really so high maintenance? I think not. Of course, any day that involves me getting paid to ride my scooter for two hours is BOUND to be a good day!

Anyhow, I think my potatoes need some lovin' or the broccoli needs toying with or something. And that's all the news that's fit to print from the merry land of Steff. We hope you enjoyed your stay, and come back soon, now, y'hear?