For you, the dress code is casual.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sniff, sniff. Cough.

I'm writing a lot right now because it's helping to clear my head. I think I'm at the point where I've had so much going on for so long that I need to use writing as a literary enema, so as to flush myself out so I can reset myself in some way.

I've been recording now, it seems, for nearly two hours. I'm happy, I think, with one six-minute take. The rest are moments of glimmers, but no shining stars, you know?

And I'm going to call it a night. I've gotten all stuffy and my voice is getting hoarse as my throat gets increasingly sore. I live right by the river, and I have very oversensitive sinuses, and when the fog rolls in, I close right up. I'm suspecting there will be fog tonight. There was some fog or low cloud this morning and it affected me then, too. I am the human barometer. Sigh. I really should move to Alberta and get away from the ocean. I never had these problems living in the Yukon, come to think of it. I get weather headaches and 12-hour colds, and it's all weather.

Fucked in the head, literally, eh? Yeesh.

I'm going to record in the morning now for sure. I did it for about 15 minutes this morning (accidentally lost the files) and it was energetic and fun and light. Surprising! So, I'll deliberately get up 45 minutes early and spend an hour or more on it tomorrow (since I'm usually slow to get ready and watch some telly) before I head to work. I was so looking forwards to recording after having positive session in the morning, but then took forever to psych myself up. I'm glad I managed it, though.

So, this time I'll just get it over with in the morning. Then I can go for a walk or hike or bike ride tomorrow night instead. Yippy-ki-yay. (Motherfucker.) [Call me Roy.]