For you, the dress code is casual.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Now that you mention it...

I was watching Letterman before work this morning. Dave, having a rough start, looks at the camera and asks, "Do you ever have those weeks where you just want to wander off into the ocean?"

And I think Dave's encapsulated my week. I'm five seconds away from wishing I had some snorkeling gear, or at least a good life insurance policy. Fortunately, today's my Friday. Unfortunately, I've pissed a few people off and my weekend's looking dodgy. I think I'll be cancelling on some folk in order to conjure some semblance of sanity. I don't melt down very often, but this, this is meltdown week, indeed.

Tonight, I have guests staying over, but it's one of those stranger scenarios since I've never met either of 'em. They're 23-yr-old kids, one's my stepmom's grandkid. It'll be kind of neat hanging, but I wish I wasn't so maxed out from work this week. Each day has been 9+ hours, and my slacker lifestyle doesn't accommodate O/T too well. I kind of forgot about the guests coming yesterday, and not only worked 9.5 hours, but travelled by bus. Needless to say, I didn't get much cleaning done last night. Tonight, I'll have cancelled my acupuncture, which I'm sad about, but I'll get the place spiffed before the kids come.

And they're from -- I think-- either southern Illinois/northern Kentucky, or else I'm completely wrong and they're from Indiana. I know they want to go clubbing, so I think I'll try to get them into some gay clubs. That'd be a fun travel story for the middle America kids to tell. I somehow doubt the gay scene's all that happening at the University of Indiana. I think I'll be bringing my digital camera.

I'm sure I'll have amusing anecdotes to tell--if I can stay awake!