For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Den o' Slack No Mo'


Den o' Slack No Mo'
Originally uploaded by scribecalledsteff.
It's still a spring-cleaning day. I've got tunes spinning in the living room, which now looks like the photo right there-->.

Just last week, it looked like a crackhouse. The problem is--and you can't see it all--that I have too much crap. I'm pretty clean, but I ain't tidy.

I inherited a lot of stuff. Really, it's all about inheriting from people with good tastes, isn't it?

Mom had good taste. I think she'd approve of what I've done with the remnants of it. I like being 31 and having cool furniture around me in my retro 1952 pad. It's a corner unit with a fair amount of windows and hardwood throughout. Nice lines, an open design. I dig it.

And I've clearly put a lot of work into my place. I think it represents me well. I find it very upsetting when it's messy, and though I can clean it up like nobody's business, I can also let it get somethin' awful.

Like it has been of late.

But at least it always has style, man. It baffles me how people move into a place and simply "put furniture places." I mean, c'mon, it's your home. Life's too short to surround yourself with the average, isn't it? Colour inspires us. We're a people with a sense of aesthetic--you gotta feed that.

When my place is clean, I love being at home. I invite friends in, I entertain. I'm proud of my home, and I like to share it with the people around me. I think I've made an interesting place that fuels conversation but also allows people to feel at ease through comfort, coziness, and good lighting.

My place ain't clean yet. I've got some more tidying to do, and I don't have high hopes for my bedroom this weekend. Soon, though. It's not as bad as it looks, anyhow.