For you, the dress code is casual.

Friday, December 26, 2008

I Came, I Saw, I Played in the Snow

My nephew and brother just took off after staying the last couple days with me.

Again, it's snowing. A fresh new three inches today. Still coming down at an inch-an-hour pacing. It's madness.

Yesterday, we continued construction on The Snow Fort. I was resistant to helping, being in the "oh, it's too much work" former-fat-girl frame of mind I still get into too often, but grudgingly decided I was stupid to pass up this end-of-childhood playing session with my 12-year-old nephew.

And... much to my surprise, it wasn't too much work. I never even got tired. What? What happened to me? It was WEIRD.

This morning, he gave me a bone-crushing hug and it took me a minute to realize it was the first time he ever got his arms all the way around me to return the crushingness. :)

With their departure, away went every bit of candy, chocolate, and crap in my house. Now, remaining, I have... NOTHING. Wine, but that's it.

I've made it to the other side of the holidays and gained back only FOUR pounds. I'm still down 56. And that number's on the upping from here on out.

Fucking A. And I'm 35 and finally, for the first time in my life, played in the snow without feeling I was going to die. Nope. You're never too old to have THAT experience. :)