For you, the dress code is casual.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Oh, Monday, You're Such a Cliché

Hmm, let's see if I can do my day justice without having to embellish details.

Woke up at 6:30, still couldn't find the motivation to move a little quicker. Did yoga, it kicked my ass, but put me in a good headspace.

Which is good, considering.

I finally got my shit together and headed for the door around 10, and in gathering my goods for my travels via bus, discovered that there was no little green iPOD Mini anywhere. Yeah. Lost it somewhere yesterday. Great.

So, off to the bus I go. Which takes about 10 minutes longer than it should.

I get to work, start my show... which continued to be a challenging grind right to the bitter end.

Then I eventually left work and get confronted by a bone-chilling headwind ripping through the downtown core with continuous gusts upwards of 50-70 klicks an hour. And I walk my eight blocks and try to stand sheltered from the wind at the bus station, but it's tornadoing up the street with dust and leaves and trash blowing in not-so-concentric circles and hitting the body every which way, stinging my eyes with tears.

But the bus came within 10 minutes. Yay, bus.

And I get home and my windows have blown wide open, spitting the bitter chill inside (all day, too, it seems). I'm wearing a double layer of fleece and hope to feel my fingers again one day. C-C-C-C-Cohld. Br-r-r-r-rrrr.

But, you know what?

I've been in a pretty good mood all day, despite all this shit. Still am. The iPOD, well, that sucks, but, really, I've had it almost four years, man! It's a first generation. I'm amazed I haven't killed it or lost it. It's hit pavement and ceramic tiles and who knows what other crazy shit. The thing has done its duty.

Coulda fuckin' given me a warning, but it is what it is. :)

The hard-ass show, did my best and think I did great, so we'll see how that shakes down. Gonna be a long week, and today's certainly an indicator, but I'll sleep soundly, I'm sure.

And do not think I've failed to notice the coincidence of being in a great mood after a day like that, and doing yoga at the start of it. Methinks I mayhap do yoga again on the morrow, since I'm liable to have me a little paranoia before stepping out in the world.

It's 10:38 and 49 minutes ago I shattered my hearing aid. I'm not happy about this. My mood is highly questionable now, and I don't think yoga's gonna help me any. There is, however, a good chance my home insurance will get me a new hearing aid since it was an accident and all. Fingers fuckin' crossed. Otherwise, I might be a little screwed. God, I hope I sleep tonight.