For you, the dress code is casual.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Booze'n'shit (what'd I just type, anyhow?)

Ah, pudding, how doth I love thee?

My day? Spent with, oh, 200 kids under 18, abou 150 of those under 10, and 100 of those under 6.

Needless to say, I had a 5-shot Americano, and 2 extra-strength Advils. Oh, pain, thy cruelest of adversaries. Temple-throbbing spine-numbing pain.

Anyhow. All day I was thinking how easy it'd be to make this chicken Korma when I came home. Then I did. How it sucked ass.

Vinegar was clearly a primary ingredient. News to me. Always thought it was sweet curry goodness. No. Not so good, no. Yogurt + Vinegar = Somehow wrong on general principle. One word: Curdling.

Needless to say, I barely made it through half a serving. I tried adding sugar to negate the wrongness, but it looks like I ill spent $1.89 on curry past & whatever the 6 chicken thighs cost. I have long since decided tomorrow's first morning task will be the application of a 21-flush salute to a pot of suck-ass korma.

Then I found Jell-o pudding in the cupboard.

I'm telling you, between the below-$10 supringly good Los Finca Primos' Malbec & the Jell-o pudding treat, there's some serious good vibes happening tonight.

I mean: Butterscotch. Enough said.

Tomorrow: Today, but on fast-forward. I will have to entertain 200 youngsters backstage for about 4 hours. All I can say is: God bless animation. There's a DVD player. And my voice is that booming kind that meant I should have devoted my life to drama long ago. That's another story for another day.

Meanwhile, I'm drinking. Tomorrow comes far too soon. Oh, fuck. Help me, cosmos.