For you, the dress code is casual.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

whatever whatever whatever shall i do!

so, i've been sitting around all morning, watching The Abyss, trying to think of a new configuration for my bedroom.

i've never really liked my bedroom -- i can't figure out a layout that works. trouble is, my set up's so complicated that moving shit around is far easier conceived than executed. but i fucking hate it as-is, so something needs to change. trouble is, i have this seven-foot long writing desk i designed and Dad helped me make, and the options are limited. atop the desk is a myriad of, well, crap, plus my podcasting gear, plus all the computer shit.

once i start this task, i foresee about three or four hours of work ahead of me, and some of it gruellingly physical -- this hardwood desktop isn't exactly a puffer's job of moving, you know.

and i'm somewhat torn. i sort of like having...

[we interrupt your regular programming for... GAYBOY!]

...ha! like a beacon in the night, the phone rings, and it's GayBoy, so I told him of the woes I was having, trying to come up with a new layout -- and what I'd been about to type was "I sort of like having my computer facing the window, since I enjoy looking out at the world when between thoughts... but I hate entering my room to see the disaster of my desk first and foremost, and I hate having my bed like it is -- floating in the center of the wall, pushed lengthwise against it."

I was thinking, move my desk against my chocolate-brown accent wall, and my bed into the Northeast corner... and this means I have to get rid of this beautiful retro settee I have, as I just haven't got the room for it. Blah!

So, GayBoy rings, I tell him I'm having trouble thinking of a new layout, and he suggests the exact same thing I was thinking as my top-most option! HA. Great minds, no less!

Anyhow, dude OFFERS to come over and help, without me even thinking of suggesting it 'cos I know he's been working a lot. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

My friends rock, but GayBoy's the rockingest of the bunch!

Now I have to defunk the room before he appears. No one should be subjected to THIS mess. Ick.

Coming soon... order to the chaos of my universe(?). Maybe?