For you, the dress code is casual.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Of Captions and Pumpkins and Ears and More

I worked on an awesome documentary that I can't tell you a goddamned thing about today. It was pretty cool, though, and I learned lots. No longer am I just a bear of little brain.

I am Steff, The Mighty Cognizant One! Fear me. Fear my awesome powers of mental domination.

Good, you're quaking in your boots. That'll do, donkey. That'll do.

Bleh. I'm tired. Yawn. 9.5 hours at work followed by about 1.5 hours of writing/research. My noggin smarts. Pun kinda intended. It was a pizza night.

I finally bought laundry soap. I'm about 10 days behind, which means I have about four loads to do. How enthralled am I? Tomorrow's the big day. I'll get a load on the go in the morning. Maybe even two.

I also bought purty makeup and new skincare stuff. I've decided to stop cleaning my face with Aveeno baby wash, and have moved on to Noxzema Cold Cream and their tingly scrub with microbeads. Holy smokes, does my face glow already. And I bought all nice jewel-tone eyeshadows. Couple shades of purple and blues, which look great on green eyes. Getting dolled up in the morning will be fun. And I got a new toothbrush. When did the start getting to be $5, 6, 7? And toothpaste is getting even worse than ever. A zillion brands. You have your TOTAL or COMPLETE or PRO or SUPERDUPERDUPER or whatever. Jesus. It's like I need to take a dental program just to have a clue. So, I bought Crest Pro, since it fights tartar, plaque, sensitivity, gingivitis and more. Has more medicinal ingredients. We'll see if it works. It'll need to pass the Kissability test, of course.

Work tomorrow will be less good. I knew I was working on this show today and was stoked from the get-go. Most docs, you learn about one thing. This one had several areas of interest. Very good. Not to mention that I spent probably three hours researching facts for it, too. It's one of those few shows I REALLY want to see on the air, so I can watch my handiwork in action.

I own a couple DVDs that have my captioning on them. That's pretty fucking cool. And, no, I can't tell you what they are. But I get to watch 'em and that's pretty wicked.

Like I say, though, tomorrow will be some of the subpar crap I'm never too thrilled to work on. Then, it's just work. I do my best, but it's still work. Funny, though, I think I'm better at the job that I used to be. Which is cool.

I always think it's ironic: I'm a hearing impaired person that captions television for the hearing impaired. Weird, huh?

Yes, you heard me, I wear hearing aids. I'm all happy, too. I just got my aids back from the repair shop -- new microphones, new tubing, new wiring, all fixed. Better than ever. Tip top! Which is great for work, too. I was wearing these shit ones the last week and my productivity dropped by 20%, which sucks, 'cos I'm proud of doing a good job... and ashamed to do a bad one.

Plus, this means I can get the dating game on the go pretty quick. Must sort out some plans. Whatever shall I do? Hmmz, indeed. Hey. Look. It's midnight. Why, is that a pumpkin I see?

POOF.

(Oh, here's your word of the day: acinomycetes.)